During the summer of 1898 the vicar of Haddenham for over 40 years, Revd. Henry Meeres, tendered his resignation and left the parish vacant in late September.
The patron of the parish, the Dean and Chapter of Rochester Cathedral subequently presented Revd. G. Bruce Rhind
MA, 56, senior curate in the parish of St Pauls, Deptford to the Bishop of Oxford for licensing as the new vicar of Haddenham. He moved here with his daughter Marion aged 22 and was admitted to the living on October 25th
1898. Within 2 months, in January 1899, Revd. Rhind published the first edition of a new monthly parish magazine.